DEKRAMERICAS S. de R.L. de C.V.
Last modified: 21 June 2022
DEKRAMERICAS S. de R.L. de C.V. (“DEKRA” or “we” or “us”) respect your privacy and value our relationship with you. This notice (the “Privacy Notice”) describes the types of information we may collect from or about you, or that you may provide when you visit our website: www.dekra.mx (our "Website"). This Privacy Notice also describes our practices for accessing, using, maintaining, handling, storing, transferring, protecting and disclosing that information, including domestic and international remissions and transfers of your Personal Data to third parties. Finally, this Privacy Notice describes the rights and choices available to you regarding such information.
This Privacy Notice is not intended to override the terms of any contract you have with us, nor any rights you might have under applicable data privacy laws.
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, capitalized terms used here that are not defined shall have the meaning given to them in the Federal Law on Protection of Personal Data Held by Private Parties (Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de los Particulares) and/or its Regulation (Reglamento de la Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de los Particulares) (together, the “Data Protection Legislation”). Pursuant to the Data Protection Legislation, “Personal Data” means any information concerning an identified or identifiable natural person.
This Privacy Notice applies to information we collect:
- on our Website;
- from e-mail, text, other electronic messages exchanged between us;
- through offline written or verbal activities and communications;
- mobile applications;
- social networking presence; or
- from other sources to which you have consented sharing of your Personal Data.
This does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from our Website.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you object to the policies and practices explained in this document, you must immediately leave the Website. By accessing or using our Website, you agree to this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice may change from time to time. Your continued use of our Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Privacy Notice periodically for updates.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Types of Information. The type of information we collect about you and the purposes for which we collect it may depend on your relationship with us and how you use our services. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, our current and prospective employees, and our third-party providers, whether it be printed, digital and/or from public websites, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, age, nationality, job title, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and your usage details.
Additionally, if you are an employee of DEKRA, you expressly consent to the collection and processing of the following information:
- your academic qualifications, immigration status, physical or personal characteristics, lawsuits in connection with civil, labor or administrative matters; and
- Sensitive Personal Data relating to your current or future health status, trade union membership, political or religious affiliation, sexual preference, philosophical or moral views, ethnic or racial origin, or other categories of Sensitive Personal Data as described in the Data Protection Legislation.
How We Collect Personal Information. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to receive materials from our Website, subscribing to our mailing list, requesting further services, applying for jobs, making online purchases through our Website or completing surveys through our Website. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Information provided by subsidiaries or affiliates of our parent company, DEKRA SE.
- Information provided by third parties, for example, companies from whom we may purchase data.
- If you are a current or prospective employee of DEKRA, information you provide to us in connection with our recruitment, hiring and other employment processes.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Personalize content based on location.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
We do not collect Personal Information automatically, but we may tie automatically collected information to Personal Information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
Children Under the Age of 18. Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any Personal Data on our Website. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that Personal Data. If you believe we have collected Personal Data from a child under the age of 18, please contact us as described at the end of this Privacy Notice.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you, and to allow you to use interactive features on our Website.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To develop, customize and improve our products, services or the Website.
- To promote our products and services to you.
- To consider an applicant’s candidacy for working at DEKRA.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
If you are a current or future employee of DEKRA, we may collect and process your Personal Data for:
- Recruitment, selection and any other hiring processes.
- Managing internal communications and the workplace environment.
- Any collective work contracts and relationships with any union affiliated with us.
- Payroll, contributions and any other financial or administrative functions.
- •Monitoring employee performance, compliance with employment obligations and physical access to our premises or facilities.
- Ensuring the health and safety of our personnel, customers and any other third party at our premises or facilities.
- Implementing video surveillance cameras in our premises or facilities for security and loss prevention purposes.
- Any other purposes as may be required for us to carry out our business functions.
Disclosure of Your Information
De-identified or aggregated Information. We may disclose aggregated information about you, and information that cannot identify you in any individual capacity, without restriction.
Personal Information. We may disclose Personal Data that we collect or you provide, either through remissions or transfers, as applicable to each case and in the understanding however that such disclosures shall be made in full compliance with the Data Protection Legislation and none of your rights nor the integrity of your Personal Data shall be harmed with such disclosures:
- To our holdings, subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor company in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of assets, if Personal Data held by DEKRA is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use an "e-mail a friend" feature of our Website or an email communication from us, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of DEKRA, our customers or others.
- To our third party consultants and advisors, as such may be auditors, financial, legal, accounting, commercial and any other type of advisors, depending on their engagement with us.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by the Company to promote our own or our affiliates’ products or services, you can opt-out by unsubscribing to emails that we send to you or at any other time by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org . If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions or by using the unsubscribe button at the bottom of each email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, service experience or other transactions.
Consent of the Data Subject
You, as the owner of the Personal Data (the “Data Subject”), acknowledge that this Privacy Notice has been made available to you by us and that you have read, familiarized yourself with and understood its terms, to which you expressly provide your consent with respect to the collection, treatment and processing of your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Notice.
You may revoke your consent at any time by contacting us using the contact information at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Where we collect Sensitive Personal Data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, whether in written, printed or electronic format, you provide your express consent in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. If you do not object to the terms of this Privacy Notice with 5 business days of it being made available to you, we will consider that you have accepted and consented to its terms.
Consent to Transfer of Personal Data to Countries Outside Mexico
The Website is controlled by DEKRA from the United States of America. By using and accessing our Website or by virtue of any contract you have entered into with us, you agree and consent to the transfer, storage and processing of your Personal Data within Mexican territory and to countries outside of Mexico, and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of your residence or location.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Please note that e-mails and other communications you send to us through our Website are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Exercising your Access, Rectification, Cancellation and Opposition Rights
You have the right to exercise the rights afforded to you by the Data Protection Legislation at any time with respect to your Personal Data. This includes the right to access, modify and delete your Personal Data, as well as to object to the handling of your Personal Data, or revoke the consent given for such effect (“ARCO Rights”), via the procedures we have put in place for such purposes.
You may not exercise your ARCO Rights if such requests could affect or restrict compliance with any contractual or commercial relationship you have with us.
All ARCO Rights request are free of charge, but you will be responsible for any costs incurred in mailing a request or any photocopies required in submitting a request. If you decide to revoke your access request within 12 months of submitting it, you will cover costs equivalent to 1.5 days of the minimum daily salary in Mexico City (UMA) in accordance with Article 35 of the Data Protection Law, unless there have been substantial modifications to this Privacy Notice that motivate such access requests.
We will respond to ARCO Rights requests only in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation and may refuse to comply with ARCO Rights requests if justified pursuant to Article 34 of the Data Protection Law.
To exercise your ARCO Rights, you must send an e-mail to the person responsible for data handling at DEKRA at the following e-mail address: email@example.com . You may also send us a printed request, signed by the owner of the Personal Data, to the address shown at the bottom of this Privacy Notice, expressing as succinctly and as clearly as possibly, the nature of the request, as well as the name and address (or other means of contact) of the enacting party, the documents that accredit their personality (or its agent), and any other document necessary yo locate the Personal Data in question.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time, which shall come into effect, 5 (five) business days after the notice of change sent to your contact information (e-mail, webpage account). The date the Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. Regardless, you are responsible for periodically visiting our Website and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes. Unless you oppose to any change or modification to the Privacy Notice, our understanding will be that you have understood and accepted the terms of this Privacy Notice and give express consent to the treatment of your Personal Data according to its terms.
DEKRA North America, Inc.
1945 The Exchange SE, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30339 USA
Attn: Legal Department
1945 The Exchange SE, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30339 USA
Attn: Legal Department
Or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org